Friday, June 26, 2015

Belgium euthanasia promoters attack man whose mother died by euthanasia.

This article was written by Professor Tom Mortier and published on his blog.

T
Professor Tom Mortier
he Flemish newspaper De Morgen has been discrediting me for three years now. 

Today this newspaper gave Bernheim & Vermeersch the opportunity to publish an ad hominem viewpoint where they show no empathy at all and where they attack me enormously. 

I have never spoken with these two people although I have questioned the work of Bernheim in the scientific literature because I don't think that what he has published is a good example of true science. And yes, I do think now that Vermeersch is not practicing scientific thinking. He has no other arguments than to attack me personally without ever having had a conversation with me. From now one, I will continue to question these nihilistic thinkers who can't bear criticism and I will continue to ask questions about what's truly happening in my country. 


Professor Tom Mortier's depressed mother died by euthanasia on December 19, 2012.
Dr's Jan Bernheim and Etienne Vermeersch are long-time promoters of euthanasia in Belgium.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've always been sceptical about our (I'm from Belgium) euthanasia laws. I red about this case earlier, and I have to say: For me personaly, this was the case too much, too horrifying, almost too unthinkable to believe ! After reading about this case I wasn't just a bit sceptical, I was shocked and that feeling never went completely away. From that moment on I started to read about euthanasia, think about it,... As I did (and still do) al of this research, you're probably not surprised my views on euthanasia didn't get any better... Therefore: I feel the same passion that Tom Mortier, you (Alex Schadenberg), and many others from various backgrounds have. So: I will fight against euthanasia by spreading your and other true words ! I noticed we, as euthanasia critics, are a minority in Belgium and perhaps also in other places, we're also often marginalized by...well, a lot of people. And we are rejected by most official media channels too, at least in Belgium. But that should never stop us !

Nancy said...

Take heart! Take courage! Oppose Injustice! Thou Shall Not Kill People!

Voice of Gone Ballistic said...

Euthanasia comes down to a "doctor." If all doctors refuse to do euthanasia problem solved.